You may have seen on our Facebook page that we often post interesting facts about fish and chips under the hashtag #fishyfacts. There are actually lots of fun and kooky facts around that you may not know, so we’ve decided to collate five of our favourite to share with you.
- A study in 2014 found that fish and chips is the nation’s 10th favourite scent, just behind perfume itself!
- Potatoes became fashionable after Marie Antoinette paraded around wearing potato blossoms.
- A fish and chip dinner has approximately three times less fat than a tikka masala takeaway. Delicious and healthier!
- One in every four British potatoes grown (around 1.25 mil tonnes every single year) ends its life as a chip on your plate.
- At Superfish, we source our potatoes from nearby farmers in the UK, so you know exactly where your food is coming from before it reaches your plate.